MONTHLY PLC MEETING
This Page Last Updated on 03/10/2006
Purpose and Leadership
The following are instructions on how to organize and run
the monthly PLC meeting. The purpose of the monthly PLC Meeting is to share
information between the Patrols and the PLC and to review and plan the Troop’s
WHO IS IN CHARGE:
The SPL runs the
WHO ATTENDS: The SPL, ASPLs, Patrol Leaders (Including
the Patrol Leader of the Senior Patrol), and Troop Guides attend the PLC Meeting
and have a vote. The Troop Scribe attends and takes the minutes of the meeting.
The Troop Scribe types up the minutes of the PLC Meeting and distributes them to
members of the PLC. The Scoutmaster also attends the PLC Meeting as an Advisor.
Patrol Advisors, Troop Committee Chair, and ASMs may attend. Assistant Patrol
Leaders may attend if they want, but may not vote unless their Patrol Leader is
not attending the meeting. If a Patrol’s Patrol Leader and Assistant cannot
attend the PLC Meeting, then the Patrol Leader is responsible to find another
Patrol member to attend the PLC Meeting to represent the Patrol as a voting
Before the PLC Meeting
The following steps should be done prior to holding the
monthly PLC Meeting:
- A date, time, and location for the PLC meeting should
be made with the Scoutmaster. It is recommended that a regular time such as
thirty minutes before the first Troop meeting after a campout be established
so that PLC members get used to the meeting time.
- The SPL should check with the Scoutmaster and
Committee Chair to find out about any calendar changes or announcements.
- Patrol Leaders should solicit feedback on the Troop’s
Program from their Patrol members and prepare a Patrol Report to be
presented at the PLC Meeting.
- The Troop
Scribe distributes the minutes of the previous PLC Meeting for review.
Back to Top
Running the PLC Meeting
The following steps should be followed during the PLC
- The SPL calls the meeting to order.
- The SPL asks for any changes to the previous meeting’s
minutes and a vote is made to approve the minutes.
- The PLC will follow up on any unresolved Old Business.
- Each Patrol will give a Patrol Report. Feedback from
the previous meetings and campout will be given.
- The ASPL – Campouts and Outings will present the plan
for the next campout.
- The ASPL – Program will present the plans for the next
month’s Troop Meetings.
- The ASPL – Troop Competition will discuss the current
standings of all of the Patrols in the Patrol Competition and how the
competition will be integrated into the upcoming Troop Meetings and campout.
- The SPL will open the meeting for any additional
concerns or business.
- The Scoutmaster may make a few comments or conduct a
- The SPL will adjourn the meeting.
Back to Top
The following steps will be taken after the PLC meeting:
- The Troop Scribe will type the minutes of the PLC
Meeting and distribute them to the PLC, Troop Committee, and ASMs.
- The SPL will notify the Committee Chair of any changes
to the calendar.
Back to Top
To Download a copy of this How To,
right click the link below and use "Save Target As." Download the
document and open it on your computer. Directly downloading the document
from this link does not work well.
THIS HOW TO
[ Home ] [ Up ] [ ANNUAL PLANNING CONFERENCE ] [ MONTHLY PLC MEETING ] [ TROOP MEETING PLANNING ] [ CAMPOUT PLANNING ] [ TROOP OUTING PLANNING ] [ COURT OF HONOR PLANNING ] [ EVALUATING JUNIOR LEADERS ] [ DEALING WITH DISCIPLINE PROBLEMS ] [ PATROL MEETING PLANNING ] [ PATROL CAMPOUT PLANNING ]